Saturday 7 October 2017

CHAPTER ELEVEN - part 2

Wall hanging - completion

When I posted my hanging a few weeks ago I was pleased with my work but there was something missing - I really did not like the white zigzags.  I read Sian's feedback and chatted to friends and family and then, after returning from holiday, I had a brilliant idea.  Back in March we had an indigo dyeing workshop at the Guild but the vat did not work and the tutor agreed to return at the end of September.  I took along my original resist samples and I decided to take the white zigzag pieces I had prepared for my hanging and put them in the vat too.  It worked a treat and was just what I wanted.


Completed hanging

Presentation of supporting work

Rather than display the samples on one sheet I decided to use four hinged A3 boards so the presentation could be folded up.









Indigo workshop

I have really enjoyed this project - the preparation, the design and the creation.  I am pleased with my choice of colours and my choice of techniques.  Yes, I have changed a few things along the way but most of my original ideas have stayed.  I decided not to create three cords for the hanging as one, well covered, was fine.  When using the coloured papers I was enthusiastic about the white zigzags and the green squares but when I got to the stage of adding them to the hanging they just did not work.  It was a stroke of luck to have the indigo workshop two weeks ago and I was so pleased I had the brain wave of taking the white zigzags along.  


2 comments:

  1. A beautiful wall hanging Ros and it looks perfectly in balance. What a stroke of genius to think of the indigo dye! I like how you have displayed your design boards too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Catherine. Yes, I am pleased it all came together eventually. The indigo workshop was a stroke of luck.

    ReplyDelete